Friday, May 30, 2014

A Stitch in Time....Graduation Time!

Lilo & Stitch
Released:  June 21, 2002
Worldwide Box Office:  $273,000,000

Well I thought it would be appropriate to honor my niece Marissa in this post with a collection of drawings from one of her favorite movies, Lilo & Stitch.  This cute story about an alien who lands on "E'arth" did very well at the box office.  Based upon a story by Chris Sanders and styled in the manner reminiscent of classic watercolor techniques from Disney's golden era, this film was entertaining on many fronts.  I can understand why my niece like the film from its weird and funny characters, heart-warming story and memorable musical score.  After all it is based on one of my favorite places on the planet, Hawaii!

So, in honor of my niece and in recognition of her High School graduation on the coming June 2, I thought I would share some wonderful drawings of Stitch.  I remember when she was much younger and fell in love with this little guy and she even nailed down how to perform his voice.  I wonder if she can still do this today?!!!

Anyhow, these rough animation drawings are from a cute little sequence where he becomes exasperated with Lilo set to a classic Elvis song.













                              Original Production Drawing(s), colored pencil and graphite 
                               on 16 field animation paper
                              Acquired:  January 23, 2004
                              Artist:  Alex Kuperschmidt

                              
This sequence was animated by Alex Kuperschmidt who was the supervisor animator for Stitch.  What do you think?

Congratulations, Marissa!


2 comments:

  1. Very nice Vince, we are so proud of Marissa and no better way to show that than having stitch in the mix!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Uncle Vince, I can still do his voice! Thanks for the post!

    ReplyDelete